Friday, May 3, 2013

“Today Is A Happy Mango Day”

After feeling the cool breeze from the steely dark rain clouds moving slowly around the perimeter of Beeston Spring, I went outside to take some pictures of a brightly contrasted mango tree in the yard. Circling to the back I came upon him fervently collecting the fruits under the tallest common mango saying “I never came out this morning, I could have carried these to mummy!” As we collected from the ground, they fell from the canopy, some half eaten by birds, some perfectly intact. Silence, ruffled feathers, thump, silence, silence, thump and a bright yellow streak falls by my periphery. It may not have rained water, but it seems to be raining mango. He bends in the tall grass with an armful of the sweet, warm fruit: “Today is a happy mango day” he says excitedly to no one in particular.
April 080
~The red leaves in the above tree are “springing”, they are new and they will mature to the same green on the left side.
April 081
April 089
April 088
April 103
April 095
April 106April 099April 107
April 108

April 091

 

April 111





* Who can find the second Ball Plate in the breadfruit tree?*

No comments:

Post a Comment