Went to Montego Bay about a month ago for some beach time and this was the sight that greeted us as we walked from the bus park to the beach. Do we continue or seek shelter? The fickle nature of coastal systems had us forging ahead.
We reached the beach and watched from the shore as the storm did its thing just in front of us, and we enjoyed a cool drizzle as we sat on the sand and watched the lightning storm ahead.
I tried really hard to get a shot of the lightning but obviously failed.
Yesterday I went with my host family to a foundation pouring. Yes, you read right, pouring a foundation of concrete is an event in Jamaica. A large group of men, usually friends, are hired to mix concrete, fill buckets or wheelbarrows with the concrete and then pour it into the foundation that had been previously dug out. A big meal is prepared (that was my host mom’s job) and rum is consumed. My host brother was particularly excited to go fishing in the nearby river which was very muddy from the rainy season. Take a look:
I also discovered that I can edit photos as fisheye shots. So expect more of those in the future!
This photo happened when I tried to take a picture of my host sister but she grabbed at the camera just as I took the shot. Turned out kinda cute still.
No comments:
Post a Comment